Turkey Fryer Safety
Using a Multipurpose LP Gas Cooker
- It is especially important to follow manufacturer’s instructions for operation and to exercise extra caution when cooking with hot oil, which presents a fire hazard as well as a burn hazard.
- Never use inside an enclosed area (patio, garage, etc.) or under overhang of house or building.
- Only use cooker on a level stable surface and away from any combustible materials (wood rails, wood decks, dry grass, leaves, shrubs, etc.).
- Never use near gasoline or other flammable vapors or liquids.
- Never leave cooker unattended. Constant supervision is necessary when in use (in order that children/pets keep away from the cooker).
- Do not operate while raining. Cover cooking pot immediately and turn appliance OFF.
- Always wear cooking mitts and shoes while operating cooker.
- Use only a high quality stainless steel cooking pot that is sized for your cooker. Never use glassware, plastic or ceramic pots.
- Always use a thermometer to keep a constant temperature check. Never allow oil or grease to exceed 350°F. Important - oil will ignite at 550°F to 700°F.
- Always keep propane cylinder at least 18” away from cooker while in use.
- Always keep an operable type BC fire extinguisher within easy reach.
- Never operate cooker if parts are damaged, missing or improperly installed.