Educating the Public
HPBA and its manufacturer members have united to protect their customers and families from potential burns from glass-front fireplaces, stoves and inserts. As part of this effort, we are recommending that homeowners contact their hearth specialty retailer for advice on the types of safety devices that may be available for their product and have developed downloadable materials for our retailer and safety partners to print and share.
Utilize the links and instructions below to download your copies today. We encourage you to print these materials at the highest quality available. To provide you with the greatest flexibility, we have included print-ready PDFs that can be used both on personal printers or at local print shops as well as Indesign source packages for those who wish to work with a commercial print shop.
- Glass Safety: Brochure (Individual printer settings vary widely, HPBA recommends printing at a local print shop or commercial printer for the highest quality)
- Self Printing Option 1 (Paper - 8½ x11): (brochure style) Print as a double-sided document. Staple the resulting two pages together and fold in half along the fold area of the last page of the brochure.(PDF 3.2 MB)
- Self Printing Option 2 (Paper - 8½ x11): (hand-out style) Print as double-sided document. Staple resulting two pages, no folding necessary. (PDF 3.2 MB)
- Self Printing Option 3 (Paper - 11x17): (brochure style)Print as a double-sided document on one sheet of 11x17 paper (if available, select 'flip on short edge'). Then, fold sheet once to create an 8½ x 11 booklet, then again in half along the fold area of the last page of the brochure. (PDF 5.4 MB)
- Glass Safety: Checklist (PDF 1 MB)
- Glass Safety: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 1.2 MB)
- Glass Safety: Symbol
(For commercial printing, please download this .zip file containing INDD files)