The Communications Department’s mission is to educate consumers and the trade about all hearth, patio and barbecue products through all appropriate editorial and promotional avenues. The department strives to build consumer understanding of the benefits and value of the products in order to expand the market as members build their respective brands and retailers sell them.
The HPBA public relations program brings over 100 journalists from many different media outlets annually to the HPBExpo. The journalists, from consumer and trade magazines, newspapers, television, radio, and online media, see new product design and technology and find future story ideas. The exposure results in dozens of news stories and magazine articles influencing consumer attitudes and generating interest in new products.
The Communications Department also publishes the monthly Hot News, weekly NewsCast, the Journal in Hearth & Home magazine, and the Bulletin in Casual Living magazine.
Industry Related Links:
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Institute
- American Gas Association (AGA)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Vent-Free Gas Products Alliance
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) - A non-profit, educational institution dedicated to chimney and venting system safety.
- Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association (GAMA)
- Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation
- International Code Council (ICC)
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) - Broad information regarding home ownership, new home construction and remodeling.
- National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA)
- Pellet Fuels Institute (PFI)
- Underwriter's Laboratories (UL)
- US Department of Energy (US DOE)
- National Chimney Sweep Guild