Statistics Committee Purpose
- To oversee the Association in its efforts to collect and distribute accurate statistical information about the industry to participating firms and appropriate organizations and publics in order to promote, protect, and grow the industry.
- To provide guidance, counsel, and oversight in the development and implementation of effective industry data gathering methodologies and procedures.
- To oversee the Association in its efforts to collect data from industry manufacturers, distributors, retailers, members, and others. These efforts may include research projects such as surveys, consumer research projects, operating ratio studies, economic and demographic data collection, and the like.
- To help the Association determine appropriate guidelines for the collection of industry data and the distribution of industry statistics.
- To provide guidance and counsel concerning the distribution of data about the industry released by other industry associations, government agencies, the media, and others.
- To assist the Association staff in increasing awareness and participation in the statistical data gathering activities of HPBA.