Government Affairs Committee Purpose
- To monitor, or coordinate the monitoring of all code, regulatory, and legislative issues in the U.S. and Canada.
- To define, and advocate, with the consent of the Board of Directors, the HPBA’s position on all codes, regulatory, and legislative matters in support of the interests of all segments of the industry without regard to the commercial interests of any particular segment.
- To work proactively to promote the industry’s interests with Federal and State agencies of both the U.S. and Canada, toward the development of reasonable public policies that are protective of public health, safety, and the environment.
- To provide a forum to develop industry consensus on issues of common concern with the participation of affiliates and other interests in the industry.
- To alert, educate, and inform affiliate groups of industry issues.