Passion for Entertaining
If a party surrounded by friends is your idea of relaxation, then the design of your outdoor living area should be centered on being “the host with the most.”
- Extend the evening – Add outdoor lighting and heating elements like a fire pit or fireplace to keep the party going into the night and for a longer entertaining season.
- Ample seating – Select comfortable patio furniture that invites people to settle in for an extended period of time. And, don’t forget throw pillows to add color and accent to your décor.
- Mood music – Consider installing outdoor stereo equipment to keep things rocking. Depending on your budget, there are many options from speakers with iPod adapters to fully integrated sound systems.
- Space to serve – Make sure to incorporate areas for preparing and serving food and drinks, whether a side bar or elevated bucket for beverages, this will help to keep people flowing throughout the evening.
- Entertainment in design – Be creative and consider adding other elements that invite interaction among guests such as adding a pizza oven, frozen drink machine, cocktail bar, spa or pool.