February: Hot Romance Tips
Set the Mood for Sparks to Fly this Month
More than half of U.S. homeowners report having a fireplace in their home, but will they be taking advantage of its mood enhancing qualities? Romance is all about setting the scene, so stage a fireside rendezvous that will keep your special someone cozy all night long.
The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA) has some tips to help you plan your fireside romance:
- Picnic paradise – Roll out a cozy blanket and enjoy a meal of finger foods that you can feed to your special someone.
- Camper cute – Keep things toasty with a sweet treat of fire-roasted s’mores.
- Cut the lights – Use the glow to grow closer together on the shag rug while listening to music, watching a romantic movie or playing a board game.
- Classic romance – Snuggle up on the bearskin rug and watch the temperature rise like the bubbles in your champagne as you munch on strawberries and chocolate.
- Loving touch – Give the gift of relaxation to your love with a soothing fireside massage.
If you don’t have a traditional fireplace, use one of these alternate ideas to keep the flames alive in your relationship:
- Light Up the Night – Take the romance outside by using your chiminea or fire pit to create one of the hot options above.
- Digital Blaze – Download or send HPBA’s digital blaze for a realistic hearth on your monitor or for any room of your home.
Today’s fireplaces, stoves and inserts not only can provide heat but also they can create a desired ambiance. If you are thinking of adding one to your space, learn more about the various options available and find a retailer near you to help determine the best appliance to finish your space.