Federal & State Government Relations Resources
Federal & State Government Relations
At the federal level, HPBA's Government Affairs Department represents the hearth, patio and barbecue industries and HPBA before the U.S. Congress and federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
In addition to its federal role, the Government Affairs Department is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with related professions and associations.
Federal Government Entities Important to HPBA Members
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
At the state level, HPBA's affiliates monitor state laws and regulations affecting the industry, the codes and standards community, and serve as a resource for members needing assistance.
- and Websites
- Find Your State Legislatures
- HPBA Affiliates
- CQ State Legislation and Regulation Tracking Services (HPBA members only; contact us for login)