To ensure a successful program in your community, the keys for success include:
- Bringing together a broad coalition of interested stakeholders
- Identifying program funding sources
- Developing effective financial incentives for consumers
- Developing and initiating a public education and outreach campaign
- Considering targeted regulatory requirements
- Creating centralized local program coordination
- Knowing how to identify non-EPA certified stoves and creating a system for their identification and disposal
For more tools to help you structure a successful changeout program, HPBA offers you a comprehensive toolkit:
- Do’s and Don’ts. Learn from the best practices and experiences of past changeouts.
- Checklist. Learn how to structure your changeout from building strategic partnerships to identifying stakeholders and securing funding.
- Template Materials. Jumpstart your outreach efforts and organize the administration of your program.
- Promote Your Program. Give your agency's communications department a head start with these key messages.